Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Makeup for Mommy

Today, I spent my bithday $ on new Jane Iredale makeup; seen  here.  I got the liquid minerals, powder spf, and circle/delete concealer.  I got these at a local spa, but would also love the sample palettes with eyeshadow/blush/lipstick on the website.  It's been a long while since I got new, quality makeup.  But honestly, with the frequency that I have to replace drugstore makeup, I'm not sure that I'm saving that much money by going cheap.  My mom used this for a while after a spa visit and I tried it on and loved how airy it felt.  So I'll let you know how I like it over the long run.  Pre-boys, I was a makeup/skincare junky.  Some women are clothes/jewelry junkies, but not me.  I guess wearing scrubs a couple of days a week takes the fun out of the wardrobe world for me.  The boys, young as they are, do not understand these girly purchases of mine.  Why in the world would I not buy myself the latest megatoy?  They looked at me as if I had just written a formal letter to Santa requesting only socks and underwear for Christmas.  The hubby partially understands these ' for me and only me' purchases.  They are good for the parenting soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment